Tuesday, July 26, 2011

30 days, 21 hours, 57 minutes and counting

Hello Friends!

In honor of the one month mark before I depart on my India adventures I believe it's time to get this blog rolling. Yes. I will be going to India. and yes. this is my way of sharing it.

I will be spending my Fall 2011 semester not in sunny South Orange but Jaipur, India. After my program is over I will be completing another major travel fantasy of mine, visiting my dear dear friend  ( and near sister) Chloe and her family in Seoul, Korea. I use the word fantasy not to be dramatic but because that is about the only way to describe how unreal all of this feels. As most people can attest, I've harbored this somewhat bizarre fascination with India ever since taking an intensive Hindi Course my senior year of high school ( thanks again Ohio Board of Regents and the Federal Government!); so the fact that I am actually going is beyond my imagination.

Before this trip I've traveled to three countries, Canada, El Salvador, and most recently Peru. Peru was an unreal place to spend last summer and the people I had the opportunity to meet were truly fabulous ( you crazies know who you are); not to mention providing my first foray into world travel . In fact, Peru was so wonderful it nearly made me question whether I really wanted to study abroad in India instead of another South American country. Well, clearly we know how that decision  played out.

On that note, I have work at the creamery in a very short amount of time and the mental prep should begin ( not to mention I'd much rather dance around the room with Alyssa than write much more).

au revoir mes amis!

p.s. any travel tidbits or suggestions are greatly greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment